Consultation for new patients
The initial consultation for new patients lasts for approximately 15 to 30 minutes. It is helpful for new patients to prepare for their consultation:
- Make a list of symptoms to discuss
- Bring a list of medications and supplements currently taken
- Bring any relevant tests/ scans
- Do not brush your tongue on the day of the consultation
- Do not eat any food that can discolour your tongue
- Do not to do intense exercise prior
- Ensure you have eaten on the day of the consultation but do not eat a heavy meal within an hour prior
During the consultation, the doctor of Chinese Medicine will inspect your tongue and read your pulse and other Chinese medicine diagnosis method.
Read more about diagnosis on our FAQs page.